PimpmyFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PimpmyFM

FMReporter for Football Manager Graphics

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Footstep in the grand scheme of things

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Niko
Inactive
Inactive
Niko

Managing : Newport County

Career Goals : 26714

A Footstep in the grand scheme of things - Page 2 Empty
PostA Footstep in the grand scheme of things

So here we go, i am trying to prove myself as a manager once and for all.

Where better to start than back in my roots one of my local clubs, Newport County

A Footstep in the grand scheme of things - Page 2 Newpor10

Here is the chance to take a team from the bottom to the top, or to make a name for myself and make the bigger clubs notice me.

12k to spend, not much really but i wasnt even thinking about this, loans and free transfers were in order for this club.

Sadly Newport County are only a Semi Pro team so i dont have alot of staff to help me. With only 9 members of staff which included only 1 Scout finding players was always going to be hard.

I managed to bring in three players on a free transfer and one player on a loan from Swansea City. Sadly so far i have lost out on all the defenders i went for so hopfully by the next update i will have some more signings. These are:

A Footstep in the grand scheme of things - Page 2 Transf10

This is also the current squad.

A Footstep in the grand scheme of things - Page 2 Team10

First game of the season comes up against Gateshead, a chance to prove myself show that i have what it takes to take Newport County to promotion. Thankfully the players all done amazingly well for me, and we came out with a 3-0 win.

A Footstep in the grand scheme of things - Page 2 First_10

More to follow in the next few days....
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

A Footstep in the grand scheme of things :: Comments

Can my team step up in the second half of the season and keep there nerv to get promoted to the ultimate league.

Only Time will tell...

This time we kick off with the FA Cup as The League is on a knife edge.

FA Cup

FA Cup 3rd round against Port Vale away.

This match saw a second string team go out, and take an early two goal lead which they managed to hold on to till the final whistle 2-0 win.

4th round against Derby again away from home.

We found our selves 1-0 down after 40minutes but our never say die attitude got us back into the game 3minutes later to make it 1-1. Coming out in the second half we were full of confidence and made it 2-1 within seconds and within minutes we made it 3-1. Not a lot happened then until the 66minutes where we managed to make it 4-1 but they got one back within seconds of the restart to make it 4-2 but in the 89th minute Sturridge added another to finish the game with a 5-2 victory.

5th round against Sunderland at home

Our first Premier League side in the FA CUp so far, and it was going amazingly well 20minutes in and Delph had already scored two and we were looking strong. The second half Sunderland came out with an attacking menality which was rewarded in the 68th minute with a well headed goal by Bramble. This was added with a campbell goal in the 78 minute, my teams heads were down and Sunderland got another two minutes later to send us crashing out of the Cup 3-2.

A Footstep in the grand scheme of things - Page 2 Newpor13

The League

We carryed on our winning run for the next two games, 2-0 at home against Norwich and a 2-0 win away from home against Sheff Utd.

Our winning run came to and end against Derby. Derby took an early lead in the 10th minute which Delph managed to equalise but before i knew it we were 2-1 down, we were on the all our attack by there goalie was stopping everything but then Delph found a wonder goal to make it 2-2 and thats how it stayed.

I was hoping this would only be a minor blip and we wouldnt end up going down hill.

So on came Rotherham away which seemed to be quite tricky as we were a goal down after a minute. Thankfully that wasnt the case as we came back to win the game 2-1. We backed this up with a strong 5-2 win over QPR at home two late goals from QPR made the game look closer than it was though.

Away at leeds with an easy 2-1 win another late goal for Leeds.

Then a big rival game against Swansea a 3-0 win away gave us bragging rights yet again. Milwall were a little harder to break down but we eventually got past there 10 defenders to make it 1-0.

A trip to Nottingham Forest who were now my main rivals this did not go to plan as we lost 1-0 to put the pressure back on us. The next match wasnt any better losing 3-2 to Newcastle at home. We were 2-0 up but through it away again.

Peterborough away to try and turn it around, this match was Upsons first match since the new year and we could show how much we missed him with a clean sheet and two goals.

We followed this amazing result up with a 3-0 win at home to Hull

Then a trip to Preston came along a 1-1 draw, then Doncaster away with a 2-2 draw and Watford at home was also a 2-2 draw, thanks to these results we found ourselves level on points with Nottingham Forest. We really needed to turn it around.

Reading away it wasnt going to be good but my team suddenly picked there heads up and we managed to pull off a 2-0 win with two very late goals. But that was enough to get my team back into winning ways. Four against Portsmouth and we were looking very strong it would have been a perfect match if Shittu didnt get sent off causing us to lose two goals to make the final score 4-2.

Bristol City at home to make it three wins in a row and to put the pressure on Nottingham Forest. A 1-0 win helped us to do exactly this. This match gained us Promotion along with Nottingham Forest

4 Seasons 4 Promotions we want to make it 4 Championships but the last three games will decide that and this is where i leave it for now....

A Footstep in the grand scheme of things - Page 2 Table10
Pringers
Re: A Footstep in the grand scheme of things
Post 2010-12-19, 21:57 by Pringers
Ooooh, awesome work! I can't believe your in the Premier League with Newport County within five seasons! I hope you win the Championship now - good luck!
And the seasons over Smile

last three games all won in style Very Happy

Blackpool 2-1
Crystal Palace 4-1
Notts County 2-1

We ended up winning the Championship by 5points as Nottingham Forest lost there heads in the final three games.

A Footstep in the grand scheme of things - Page 2 Table10

Pringers
Post 2010-12-19, 22:30 by Pringers
Surprised wow, excellent stuff Niko - congratulations on the Championship victory - let's hope for a good summer, and a solid first season at the big time Smile

Keep it up!
FMGeek
Post 2010-12-20, 10:05 by FMGeek
You should get a few million out of that win
Wow, unbelievable stuff Niko Smile

Newport County in the PREMIER LEAGUE! Who would have thought it! You'll go down in history mate! xD

Hope ya do well in the big leagues!
So Premier League season the biggest in my Newport Career by far, its going to be a long hard season i feel

We were given 26mil to spend in the window, this was soon to be reduced to 15mil so i could give players wages.

30k was the most i could give anyone so i needed to try and sign people who love the game and not the money.

Tough ask players like Silva and Van der vart were listed but they wanted 175k a week off me and would not come down to 30 k sadly.

There were many players who were 33 and above who had just been realsed by there club so this is where i started. My idea was if i use experiance to get a foot hold in the league then the second season i can try and get younger better players.

A Footstep in the grand scheme of things - Page 2 Transf11

So my squad for the new season looks like this:

A Footstep in the grand scheme of things - Page 2 Squad10

So onwards to the league and victory....
Pringers
Post 2010-12-20, 13:16 by Pringers
Some cracking signings there Niko - good luck in the forthcoming season, and hope you get a steady start Smile
This game is driving me toward drink
Pringers
Post 2010-12-23, 23:59 by Pringers
Niko wrote:

You've always been a drunk Smile
Pringers wrote:
Niko wrote:

You've always been a drunk Smile

Proberly how ive got Newport in the Prem tbh Razz