PimpmyFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PimpmyFM

FMReporter for Football Manager Graphics

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pringers
Top Poster
Top Poster
Pringers

Managing : Arsenal

Career Goals : 28191

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Empty
PostThe quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring.

As the latest installment is getting ready for full release, I thought I would start my final game on FM10, this one would be my Career game.

I started out as a 30 year old, English man by the name of Nicholas Pring (don't ask me why I'm English).

I went through a vigorous training schedule to attain my UEFA Pro License, so I could officially manage a club, and after six long months, I finally achieved my goal.

The Winter came, I decided to flirt with some clubs around Europe by putting pressure on their coaches, I was then surprisingly offered a role at Palermo in the Italian Serie A. The club were 15th when I took over, and wasn't playing too badly. The club was boasting stars as Javier Pastore, and Josip Illcic.

As I was in January, I was handed a small transfer kitty, and decided to splash the cash on Real Madrid's Mahamadou Diarra to try and add some extra steel to quite a weak midfield. Although, I would later find out that this wasn't the problem. Any side that fields Massimo Maccarone as their striker, doesn't deserve to be winning games. I also managed to tie up some free transfers for the End of the Season, this would see Juan Roman Riquelme, and Per Kroldrud agree to join the club.

And, that's when it got tough. I was under intense pressure, and was finding out first hand the pressures of managing a football club at a high level. Bad results at home against Brescia, Lecce and an awful away performance at Roma saw the Palermo fans jump on my back, and demand answers as to why we were playing bad, and asking questions as to why I had been employed, a relative no-body in the World of Football.

I instantly made my mind up, that I would work away from the beautiful city, the fans, the club, and more importantly, the culture.

Coming next...The next installment on the quest of Knighthood.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. :: Comments

Posh
Looking forward to the rest of the story.
Niko
I like it, not a bad little story here could turn into quite a hot topic
Berry
Re: The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring.
Post 2010-10-21, 19:31 by Berry
Great start here mate, shame it didn't quite work out at Palermo but I'm sure that they (Palermo) will look back and think "oh my, we should've kept faith in him" Wink

Can't wait to find out where your next stop will be Smile
Jelly
Post 2010-10-21, 19:38 by Jelly
Great start here Pring, very well written mate, nice job Smile

GL & KUTGW!
Pringers
Post 2010-10-21, 20:17 by Pringers
So after a long and uninteresting Summer unemployed (much like real life, Laughing), I wondered whether I did the right thing about leaving Palermo.

A few weeks later, I had an interesting job offer from recently relegated Real Zaragoza. I negotiated a contract for one year, which was accepted by the Zaragoza board. The board stated that I would have a transfer budget of around £4 million.

A few days later, the Zaragoza board told me that the bank had been refinanced, and have given me a transfer budget of £29 million to get the club out of the division, and help them stay in the Liga BBVA on promotion.

I thought to myself, crikey, that's way too much money to get this side out of the division, especially as I boasted talents such as; Carlos Diogo, Jermanine Pennant and Leo Franco.

After a few patient days in the transfer window, I decided to splash the cash and bring in some players.

This is what I did;

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Transf19

I was immediately under pressure when I agreed to the sale of Jorge Lopez to Monaco.

My signing of the season was no doubt Paulo 'Ganso' Henrique, who I brought in from Santos for nearly £12m.

So as the season approached, I was quite nervous, as this was my first proper job, and I still hadn't cracked the tactic. We stuttered a bit in pre-season, and this frightened me.

We started the season really slow, and were struggling around the mid-table point. Not only did this upset the board, and the fans, but it upset me. I felt like I was letting myself down. So, I had to take drastic measures, and change the formation.

I dropped the two strikers, and switched to a 4-4-1-1 with Ganso just behind the influential Uche.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Tactic10

After a few games with the new tactic, the team picked up. We put in a stunning performance at home against title contenders Malaga, and put in a good performance against league leaders Tenerife at home.

As the season went on, I thought promotion was easy, and we would do this no problem. And, I would appear to be right, that was until we hit some really poor form in the last three months. We were drawing a lot of games, and I was witnessing our feint title hopes running away. So I was happy to just take the promotion and guide the team back up to the big time.

However, the next six weeks were vital in the title race. It saw Tenerife lose a few games, and it saw Malaga completely fall away. And, there was Zaragoza, winning games, left, right and centre to climb up to the top three. That would have secured the promotion.

A few games later, Promotion was guarenteed, and the party begun. As we were celebrating, Malaga and Tenerife were looking over their shoulders. Real Zaragoza were coming. Both sides lost again, and Zaragoza were within a few points of the league favourites.

I looked at the fixture list, and noticed my last three league games included 3 away games, 1 of which was at Malaga. After seeing this, I thought, there goes my title hopes.

However, we went to Malaga and clinched a vital 1-0 win, which we went into 2nd with. Next up was Alicante, who had already been relegated. Tenerife was playing the night before, and they drew, so if we beat Alicante, we were top. We went to Alicante, full of confidence, and this showed. It took us an hour to break the deadlock, but Uche banged it in, and clinched a vital 2-0 win to take us to the top of the league.

The last game of the season was away at Ponferradina, who had again already been relegated from the division. If we failed to win, and Tenerife won, we would lose the league on head-to-head, so it was an absolute massive game.

It was 80 minutes gone, and I looked at the scores elsewhere, to find out that Tenerife were winning 3-0. I looked on to the pitch, and said to the skipper Felipe Baloy, "C'MON, WE HAVE TO WIN". Panama centre-back Baloy had been in fine form, and walked over to Ganso, and told him to spread the word that we need one goal.

A few minutes later, Baloy pops up with an header to take the lead. Two more minutes had elapsed, and we were up 2-0 now, this time an Uche goal.

The full-time whistle went, and that meant we were Champions of the Division.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Season10

Here is the fantastic Uche;

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Uche10

Here is the fantastic and influential skipper Felipe Baloy;

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Felipe10

Here is someone I didn't mention, Angel Lafita;

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Lafita10

I was offered a new contract, and I had decided that I didn't want to take the Club further, and decided to walk out.

So as I close out this chapter, I'll leave you with a screenshot of where my adventure takes me next;

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Next_j10

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Talking Points

Carlos Tevez has moved to Real Madrid for £62,000,000
Chelsea have bought a bunch of average players.
Roy Hodgson has been sacked, and so has Rafael Benitez at Inter Milan.
There are a lot of unknown Brazilians now worth in the region of £15,000,000.
Russia is becoming a dominant league.
Real Madrid are dominating Europe.

Coming soon....The next installment, at Bayer Leverkusen!
Jelly
Post 2010-10-21, 20:36 by Jelly
Another great update on a FAB season mate! Interesting you moved though, would have been good to see your budget with Zaragoza. All the best with Leverkusen though and KUTGW Smile
Niko
Sounds good another new challenge good luck mate
Pringers
Post 2010-10-21, 22:31 by Pringers
The next update will be done on the weekend, as I need to finish the season tomorrow night, and put together a few screenies to make it better. Thanks for the messages so far, lads.

If there's anything anyone wants to know, or see, please just ask, and I'll show you.
Pringers
Post 2010-10-22, 17:07 by Pringers
I also forgot to mention that I got eliminated in the Spanish Cup 1st Round away at Tenerife, 3-1. The board wasn't very happy about that.
Pringers
Post 2010-10-22, 20:19 by Pringers
Here's what you've all been waiting for. My first season at Bayer Leverkusen.

So after agreeing a provisional one year deal at the German giants, I started work on my squad. I had to balance the books, and although I had an £11m transfer budget, I decided to put my own stamp on the squad, and make some money back, so I could have a bigger budget.

After all the transfers were done, I made roughly £30m, and I spent about £20m, so all-in-all, £10m profit. Not bad for my first season.

I managed to secure the loan signing of Holger Badstuber from Arsenal, as well as some cut price deals for David Bentley, and Stewart Downing. I also resigned the first player I had signed in my career, Mahamadou Diarra.

Then in January, I brought in Elano, Adriano, Stephane Mbia and Salomon Kalou for approximately £10m.

Below is a screenshot, which shows each dealing for the whole season;

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Transf20

We started the season quite well, with a 1-0 win at Borussia Dortmund, quickly followed up with another 1-0 win against Karlsruhe. Then came trouble, the team we're struggling to score goals, and because of this we drew and lost a few games in quite a bad run.

So again, I had to alter the tactic, and try to balance the team, and get them scoring goals. I eventually settled on my trusted 4-4-1-1 tactic that I had previously used at my last club Real Zaragoza.

This tactic saw the team smash a 5-0 win at the Weserstadion, against Werder Bremen, which was no doubt the highlight of my Bayer Leverkusen season.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. 5-010

We were also doing quite well in the Champions League and the German Cup. Our group for the Champions League was; Barcelona, Brondby and Basel. A draw and a defeat against Barcelona, and two doubles over Brondby and Basel, saw the side qualify for the 1st Knockout Round, which saw us land an historic challenge against AC Milan.

This saw the team pick up form, and up until the Winter break, we were around the top 4. Which was quite a good improvement, considering we were very low before this.

We then had a whole month break for the Winter, and this saw my side come back revitalised. The team put together some terrific performances and we continued to climb the table.

We were now up to fourth, and had an important Champions League game against AC Milan.

We won the first in style, with a cracking 4-2 win.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. 4-210

However, the second leg was somewhat nasty. We went there with nothing to lose, as we were expected to lose. We took the lead through a Salomon Kalou goal, only to go down in the end.

A very close 5-2 defeat, meaning we lost 7-6 on aggregate.

I then decided to concentrate on the German Cup and the Bundesliga. However, we reached the Semi Finals of the Cup, and eventually losing away at the Allianz Arena against a very strong, and invincible Bayern Munich side.

Back to the league, we put together some good performances, securing a vital 1-0 win at Schalke, and then beating Bayern Munich at home 1-0 towards the end of the season, ensured that we leapfrogged Wolfsburg, and Werder Bremen into third place, in which we closed out the season in.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Season11

I have since decided that I will sign another one year contract at Bayer Leverkusen, as I want to bring the fans some silverware, and hope that the next season will be more successful than last season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Talking Points

Alberto Paloschi has moved to Real Madrid for £26 million.
Rene Adler has now left Bayer Leverkusen and joined Manchester City for £0...
And his replacement is...none other than Manchester City's Joe Hart, who has joined for a fee of £2.5m
And lastly, Rooney handed in a transfer request, only for Manchester United to throw thousands of pounds in front of his eyes, and he then decided to stay.

The next update will be coming at the end of the current season.
Jelly
Post 2010-10-22, 20:51 by Jelly
Fantastic results there mate and a great few transfers Very Happy Congrats on 3rd and good luck with the new season Very Happy
Posh
Loving it mate, didn't expect to see any stories for a while, thanks for this Smile
Niko
Nice season nick, good effort 3rd is very good.

Good to see the game has followed real life United throwing money in Rooneys face for him to stay
Pringers
Post 2010-10-23, 17:31 by Pringers
Just going back through a few transfers, and noticed;

Jonny Evans has moved to Atletico Madrid for £50,000,000
Wesley Sneijder has moved to Barcelona for £75,000,000
Atletico Madrid have spent £120m this summer.

It's gone insane!
Jelly
Post 2010-10-23, 19:41 by Jelly
That is rather mad mate lol! Hopefully you can get an equally large budget and be a big spender soon enough Very Happy

GL & KIU!
Pringers
Post 2010-10-24, 15:05 by Pringers
After I had signed a one-year contract extension at Bayer Leverkusen, I was starting to get ready for the new season.

I figured that the previous season was quite disappointing, especially with the squad I had built up. So I felt that more change was needed, and although we'd lost Rene Adler to Manchester City, I replaced him swiftly with the signing of Joe Hart for £2.5m.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Moz-screenshot-7I also felt our weakest point of the field was at left-back, so I splashed the cash to sign Cameroonian U21 star Louis Enam from Saturn for £12m.

The other transfers are shown below;

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Transf21

This left the squad looking rather strong, and I was feeling quite happy about the forthcoming season, as I thought we'd finally got a squad to challenge the dominant FC Bayern Munich, and equally impressive FC Schalke.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Team10

So we started the season, where we started last season, with an away trip at Borussia Dortmund. Unfortunately for us though, Dortmund have improved drastically, and ended up beating us 2-0. We then followed the defeat up with a 2-0 win over Wolfsburg at our home. Things then got better as we beat Gladbach away, and also beat AJ Auxerre in the Champions League 1st Leg away.

However, things turned quickly. We lost the home leg of the Champions League, meaning that we'd been demoted to the UEFA Europa League, in which we drew Lazio, Olympiakos and FC Sochaux.

But, we ploughed on picking up wins at Werder Bremen, and beating Karlsruhe at home. We drew 0-0 in our first Europa League game with Sochaux, beat Olympiakos 1-0, and lost 2-0 in Rome. We then drew with recently promoted Stuttgart, HSV, Hoffenheim, and Koln.

At this point, we were under intense pressure, most of the squad were unhappy as they felt we were underachieving, and they were right, we were. We were stuck in 10th, with very few moments of happiness.

The board then stated that I had a few games to secure my future as Bayer Leverkusen manager, starting with a League game at home against Schalke. Luckily, we won 2-0, as were in control for most of the game. The board wasn't very pleased with this win, and felt we should've won by more. So I had the next game to help me too. A German Cup 3rd Round game against Hamburg at the BayArena. Lose, and I was sacked. Win, and I'd keep my job for a bit longer. We kicked off in total control, and ended up beating Hamburg 5-1. A massive sigh of relief went around the stadium.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. 5-110

I was just getting excited for the upcoming game against FC Bayern Munich, when things got really ugly at the BayArena.

I was approached to answer a question about the vacant Fiorentina job, and I declined to answer, this really upset the board, and they demanded an apology or for me to resign from my post.

I obviously apologised, as I had no intention in leaving just yet, the board rejected my apology, and decided to terminate my contract with immediate effect. It now looks as if Martin Jol from Ajax will replace me.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Ultima10

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Reject10

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Sacked10

So, I'm now at Christmas, with no job, so I shall leave it here, and will write an update at the end of the season.

Oh, and Rafael Benitez is back at Liverpool Laughing
Posh
Xmas with no job, oh the inhumanity of it all santa
Pringers
Post 2010-10-24, 15:10 by Pringers
I actually lie, It's only November Laughing.

I've just taken over at Ajax for the final half of the season, their currently 10th in the Eredivisie, so I should be able to climb up a bit.
Niko
Nice mate, bit unlucky to get sacked but lets be far its your own fault lol.
Pringers
Post 2010-10-24, 18:25 by Pringers
Laughing I know, but I was growing really tired and frustrated at Leverkusen. It wasn't working out, and I planned to leave at the end of the season anyway.
Niko
If you find yourself unemployed, i will hire you as my assistant at Napoli Smile
Pringers
Post 2010-10-24, 18:27 by Pringers
Haha thanks.

I've just got to February, and thought I'd have a look at Atletico Madrid again. This season they have spent £152m on new players! Laughing
Niko
Insane wish someone would give me that kind of money to spend
Jelly
Post 2010-10-24, 18:36 by Jelly
Haha, big updates today man and you have moved, slightly up I would say, hope you can do well with Ajax mate Smile

GL & KIU!
Pringers
Post 2010-10-24, 18:38 by Pringers
If anyone has some screenshot requests, I will provide them as soon as I possibly can, which is right now if you ask now, Laughing
Pringers
Post 2010-10-24, 21:06 by Pringers
Right then,

I've just finished the season as AFC Ajax.

When I replaced the outgoing Martin Jol, Ajax were in 10th position in the Eredivisie, and were playing really poorly.

I was given £15m to improve the squad, and after quickly analysing the squad at my disposal, I decided I needed to improve the defence, and also bring in another striker. I managed to get Vincent Kompany to join for £7m from Napoli, Bojan from Barcelona for £7m, and Serbian midfielder Nemanja Matic from Chelsea for £1.5m, but before these three players joined, I had a few weeks to wait.

This is what I had to work with;

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Ajax10

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Transf22

The day I took over I had a game in the UEFA Champions League away at St. Gallen, in which we took a 2-1 victory. So I got away with a good start, and thought I could really turn this around for the Amsterdam giants.

Next up was FC Groningen at home, and as I prepared my outfit for this game, I noticed that Ajax's home form was atrocious. We were fortunate to grab a 2-2 draw against an in-form Groningen.

We then went to NEC, and we smashed them 5-1. My Ajax team were looking pretty hand, but then another away trip at VVV, and we lost 1-0.

Then, the biggest game of my time at Ajax so far, an away trip to the Nou Camp in the Champions League. It wasn't good, so I'll keep it sort and sweet, we lost 5-0. Which, left us in the Europa League, and we drew Galatasaray, who eliminated us 2-1 on aggregate.

We then went an amazing run of wins, including wins against PSV Eindhoven and Feyenoord. We were also going really well in the Dutch Cup as well, until a Semi-Final bout with AZ Alkmaar. I may add that we were cheated here, as the game was played on the same day as my whole squad was away on World Cup Qualifiers, so we lost there 1-0, and I was outraged.

So as we maintained our good form in the league, we were closing down on the leaders, and eventually managed to get the gap between Ajax and PSV to three points.

This was until the final three league games, as my side bottled it, and PSV just managed to hold on to win the League title, and steal it away from Ajax. This defeat was the hardest, as I believe my side were the better team, and should've won the league.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Erediv10

I am currently undecided as to whether or not I should sign for one more season, but at this stage, it's more than likely I will still be at Ajax for the forthcoming season.

I have already signed Lorenzo Di Silvestri and Steven Defour for the upcoming season on free transfers as well, so I may as well stay and walk away with the Dutch League, and the Dutch Cup before moving on.

Only time will tell.....

*Next installment to follow soon*
Niko
Nice work nick unlucky on not winning the league, but the new players coming in will help you win that title im sure.
Pringers
Post 2010-10-24, 22:42 by Pringers
You wait until you see the latest signings. If I don't win the league this season, then I'm definitely leaving, as this squad should be walking away with this title.
Jelly
Post 2010-10-25, 00:15 by Jelly
Some good signings already and with better to come? I cant wait mate!

Great stuff last season but unlucky on not winning the league.

GL & KIU!
Posh
Good squad already, wonder who the new signings are?
Pringers
Post 2010-10-31, 20:09 by Pringers
So after I agreed a one-year contract extension at the Amsterdam giants, I knew I had to improve the squad that was partially inherited from Martin Jol.

I was quick to dip my toes in the market, and by the end of August, I had all my signings tied up for the entire season. I was finished there, and boy was I happy with the squad I had assembled.

I managed to secure massive signings for the club such as; Marek Hamsik, Wilson Palacios, Sebastien Bassong and Elerio Elia. I also added Mauricio Perreya and Michel Platini to the squad, which had already been boosted by the free signings of Lorenzo de Silvestri and Steven Defour.

Leaving the club was Toby Alderweireld, Urby Emanuelson, Dario Cvitanvich, Hector Moreno, Vurnon Anita, Ola Toivonen, Milan Bisevac, and Cristian Eriksen.

The total spend for the season was £33.5million, while I brought in £23.5million.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Transf23

I had assembled a pretty strong side, which must win the Eredivisie this season.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Ajax11

The next step was to decide on the tactic for this effort.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Tactic11

I thought for this installment, I would break it up a bit, so we're going to split the season in two.

The first part is up to Christmas.

We started the season in good fashion, notching up a few wins against strong opposition. We build great confidence before eventually playing some title contending sides, such as Feyenoord and PSV Eindhoven. We beat both of these sides at home, and strolled into a comfortable lead at the top.

And then I noticed, it wasn't just these two teams I needed to fear. ADO Den Haag, FC Utrecht and NAC Breda have all been made strong teams, and teams to fear.

However, these teams wasn't quite as strong as this side I had assembled, and we brushed this aside too. One concerning note was, the majority of my games had been played at the Amsterdam Arena, in which we have made it in to a fortress over the past 12 months.

Then a deathning blow, Steven Defour had torn his cruciate ligaments which meant he would miss the next 8 months of the season, and wouldn't play again.

So as the league was going well, we advanced to the first round of the Dutch Cup, in which a trip to second division RBC Roosendal was on the agenda.

I thought this was an easy win, so I would rest a few of the stars of the team. BIG mistake, as RBC controlled the game and put us to the sword with a 1-0 win, which meant we had been eliminated from the competition in the first round. I think it's safe to say that the board was not happy with this.

Now on the Champions League. We were dealt quite an easy qualifier against AA Gent, in which we won 4-0 on aggregate, but little did I know, we had to go through another play off. This was against Marseille, which we lost 1-1 on aggregate.

Which meant, we went into the Europa League. We were dealt quite a nice group, with a stand out tie with Napoli. We also had Maritimo and Lech Poznan.

After the six games in the group stage, we'd won the group, turning in some stellar performances against Napoli and Lech.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Napoli10

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Ajax_610

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Europa10

We were drawn with Athletic Bilbao in the first knockout round, I knew this was going to be tough, and this will be revealed later in the thread, as it was beyond Christmas.

Back to the league and as Christmas approached, we were still winning games, and quite comfortable too.

But then, on the 18th of December I was offered a job at El Madrigal, the home of Villarreal. I must admit, I was fully tempted, as it was a route back to Spain. However, I stuck with my head and heart and decided to stick it out at Ajax.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Tempta10

We had one more game after this job offer, in which we beat FC Groningen 3-0. Now we have a long three week break for Christmas and Winter.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Erediv11

To be continued.

Last edited by Pringers on 2010-10-31, 20:31; edited 1 time in total
Niko
Nice work nick, very good work

Amazing price for Ellia.
Pringers
Post 2010-10-31, 21:37 by Pringers
Updated with Christmas League Table.

I can't believe I missed that vital bit of information, haha.

The second half of the season will be posted in the morning, before starting on the new chapter of my quest.
Niko
Walking away with the league i see Smile very impressive
Pringers
Post 2010-11-01, 21:42 by Pringers
So Christmas has been and gone. It's time to re-start the season, and hopefully I'll continue where I left off.

We kicked back off with a few victories against FC Zwolle, Sparta Rotterdam and FC Twente. This ensured that we maintained a big lead at the top of the Eredivisie.

Then we came face-to-face with the Europa League game with Athletic Bilbao. I thought this would be as far as we'd go in the competition, and thought that Bilbao would get the job done in the first leg at home at the Nuevo San Mames. However, Ajax defied the odds and secured a 2-1 win in the Basque region, which earned me great praise from Ajax legends.

This was followed up with a good win at home against the same club, which secured our passage through to the next round, where we would face Wolfsburg after the German giants eliminated Dinamo Zagreb 10-2 on aggregate.

I definitely thought this would be the furthest we'd get as Wolfsburg are a decent side, which still possessed Diego and Simon Kjaer. Luckily we were home in the first leg, and I thought I'd be happy with a 1-0 win. However, we demolished the Germans from start-to-finish and secured a 4-1 victory. We were in a great position to qualify for the Quarter Finals. So we went to Germany, we played extremely well, narrowed Wolfsburg play and narrowly lost 1-0, which meant we had qualified for the Quarter Finals, where we drawn with our group opponents, Napoli.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Europa11

It was also made knowledge that if we somehow managed to reach the Semi Finals, then a tough game against FC Bayern Munich or Villarreal would be on the cards.

Back to the league action now then. We continued our impressive form, and Nicolas Lodeiro became integral to the team. He had already made 19 assists, while scoring 15 goals.

This was including a 6-0 thrashing against Sparta at the Amsterdam Arena.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Ajax_611

We had two tough away games next, the first up was away at PSV Eindhoven, I knew victory here, and we were close to securing the title. I sent out my best eleven, and hoped that Lodeiro could conjure something special up again. When on the 40th minute, the diminitive Uruguayan threaded a delightful pass through to Spanish striker Bojan, who took it around the keeper and made it 1-0. I told the team to contain PSV, and sit on the 1-0 lead, which we did, and the victory was ours.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Psv_0_10

We then went to Rotterdam, where we played Feyenoord. We scraped a 1-0 win again, with a goal from Mexican hotshot Chicharito. I knew two more wins would secure the title.

However, I didn't have to wait that long, as PSV dropped points and Ajax were crowned as the Eredivise champions.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Early_10

I knew now that I could turn my focus on to the Europa League.

The first leg was at the Amsterdam Arena, and we controlled large periods of the game, and we were fully deserving of the 2-0 lead at half time. We then went on to grab another, and secure a first leg lead of 3-0.

This was getting really interesting, did my little Ajax side have a chance of winning the competition. Of course they did, we went to Naples and grabbed a 0-0 draw, which saw us advance to the Semi Finals. We would play Villarreal as they eliminated Bayern Munich.

The first leg was at home and we unfortunately lost 2-1. Villarreal scored an early goal, which really knocked us back. Jozy Altidore quickly fired in a second, but a late consolation by Miralem Sulejmani gave us a short chance of getting a draw. This wasn't to be, and we lost 2-1.

A week later we went to El Madigral for the second leg. We took the lead with a Bojan goal after 19 minutes, and as things stand we were out on away goals. Just after half-time, Javi Garcia equalised, which meant we needed to score one more to take it to extra time, when on the 75th minute, Bojan headed in a second goal to take it to extra time. It was now 3-3 on aggregate, when Jozy Altidore scored on the 96th minute. I thought it was curtains, until we were given a lifeline just after half time of extra time. Marek Hamsik converted a penalty, which meant as things stand we were going through to the final. That was until we had one last cruel blow. With only four minutes left, Giuseppe Rossi smashed in a winner, meaning we were eliminated from the competition. I was proud of the team, and the way we went about our business.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Villar10

I had now decided that I would be leaving at the end of the season. I would not extend my contract no further.

We were back to the league, and we smashed in a few more victories as we closed out the season, and as I rotated we dropped a few points in the last three games, but that didn't matter.

Over the last 6 weeks, I was offered a total of four new contracts, but my mind was already made up, and I would be gone on the day I marked my 35th Birthday.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Final_14

I thought I'd let you know where I am now, before ending this...

After just a few days as an unemployed manager, I was approached by Juventus to take over, in which I eventually agreed a one-year contract with the Turin based club.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. The_ne11

The next installment is coming soon...
Jelly
Post 2010-11-01, 22:04 by Jelly
Fantastic stuff mate and wd on the move to Juventus!!!!

GL & KUTGW!!!
Niko
Great stuff Pringers doing very well i must say, good luck with your new job
Posh
Juventus job, that's just brilliant.
Pringers
Post 2010-11-02, 18:43 by Pringers
Thank you for all your kind words. I just hope I can deliver now in the big time with Juventus.
Narl
Well Pringers, what can I say, reading this article has been a highlight of the past week for me, it really has, great piece of football journalism, you had me loving it ever post of the way, it was great to see you progress gradually over the seasons moving from job to job, getting better as time went on. And to top it off, at the end of your journey, you finally get offered that big-time big-spender contract at Juventus!

Well done mate, and I hope you decide to continue this, it's great. ( I notice there hasn't been a post since 2nd Nov Razz )
Pringers
Post 2010-12-03, 21:18 by Pringers
Well Narl - thanks for your kind words, I'm sure I could muster up an update this weekend, as I've actually finished the first season at Juventus Smile.
Narl
Pringers wrote:
Well Narl - thanks for your kind words, I'm sure I could muster up an update this weekend, as I've actually finished the first season at Juventus Smile.

Don't thank me , I should be the one thanking you! Wink I honestly thought the article was AMAZIN'! Very Happy

I'm looking forward to it Pringers, it'll be a sort of relief for me after I get out of work on Saturday/Sunday! Very Happy
Pringers
Post 2010-12-17, 17:43 by Pringers
So where was we last time I wrote an entry here...Ah Yes, I'd just accepted the lucrative offer of becoming the Juventus Manager.

I had to first assess the starting squad, and decide what I was going to do with the current squad, and to determine how I could improve them from the last season.

This is what I had to work with:

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Starti10

I quickly got to work with my large transfer budget, and snapped up some highly rated regens, and a few high quality players.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Transf11

I ended up using this tactic, which worked quite well for me before.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. The_ta10

Anyhow, as the season started, I was fairly confident that I could build on the previous manager, and help this great side retain their crown, and their global name.

We started the season well with victories over Genoa, Cagliari and Catania. We then followed this up gaining 12 points from our next 15, with wins over Lazio, Fiorentina, Roma, and Sampdoria - the only defeat in my first eight league games was at home against AC Milan.

The main highlight of the first three months was a 4-0 crushing victory of the team from the capital Roma.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Juvent10

With the team playing so well, I was getting more and more confident that we would win something. However, things turned nasty and we found ourselves struggling in the Champions League - we were eliminated at the Group Stage, and had to fight our way in the Europa League. However, I decided that my first season, the domestic campaign was more important, and flirted a bit with Europe, using some kids to blood them in, and was eliminated shortly after we entered the Europa League.

The Italian Cup was different, we were already advancing to the Quarter Finals, and with an easy game against Chievo, we were practically guarenteed a place in the last four. Of course we were, we eliminated Chievo 2-0, and had a last four game against Lazio.

Back to the league, and we had another couple of solid months, with some good wins against Inter Milan, Udinese and Napoli. We also hit a good victory away at the Olimpico in February against Roma.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Roma_110

As we had our game against Lazio in the Italian Cup, I knew it would be important to try and build on our league success, so I kept with the same side who beat Roma so comfortably, and over the two legs, we found ourselves through to the next round to play the Final against an AC Milan side, who had now done the double over us in the League.

We then proceeded to lose away at Udinese and away at Fiorentina, and then managed to overturn these bad results, with a few good wins against Mantova and Bari. Who incidentally, we relegated Smile.

With just a couple of Serie A games left, we secured the league title, and my first league title with the Old Lady. I was estatic, and very chuffed for the lads, as we had built on the previous manager, and took them further.

I just wish we would add the Italian Cup to it now.

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring. Serie_10

However, it wasn't meant to be as AC Milan had now beaten us for a third consecutive time in all competitions to claim the Italian Cup. We held on for so long before Alberto Paloschi smashed in a 20 yarder to win the Cup for Rossoneri.

My aim for next season is to build on the league campaign, add the Italian Cup, and make some serious headway in Europe - Yep, that's right, I've now signed a two-year contract extension at Juventus, as I would like to build a legacy with the club, and help them become the team they used to be.

I have been given another big, empty cheque book for the following season, so stay tuned to see who I've purchased for this season.
Berry
Post 2010-12-23, 12:41 by Berry
Excellent update mate, brilliant to see this game back up and running! Smile

Quality signings mate, best of luck for the upcoming season and bring home the league & cup for Juve Very Happy

Berry
Niko
I didnt even notice this, thanks for bringing it back up Berry Smile

Great job Pringers Smile amazing season bad luck on the cup though but im sure you and improve on it
Jelly
Post 2010-12-23, 12:45 by Jelly
Great stuff there mate, going very well Very Happy
KIU!

The quest to become Sir Nicholas Pring.

Page 1 of 1