PimpmyFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PimpmyFM

FMReporter for Football Manager Graphics

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toms Trip Of America

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
I Vanquiish I
First Team
First Team
I Vanquiish I

Managing : To Restrain Myself From Groping Mathew Leckie

Career Goals : 25741

Toms Trip Of America Empty
PostToms Trip Of America

I have loaded up 17 leagues and will play across america and try to manage for atleast a season in my career. So i might stay 5 years and one clubs and 1 year at another.

Leagues Loaded
Toms Trip Of America League10

First Club In Career
Toms Trip Of America Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5Y4G5HVcO4Wg8v9M5gpM_vyhjqiZRFen1633iQoDnwONjLdC25Q

To bear fair the only reason i started here is because of my love for The New England Patriots. So First stop New England. I am using a database Posh made and its a 20 team league with everyone playing each other twice so 38 games. There is no salary cap, draft or loads of different contracts so its a lot easier.

Stay Tuned For More
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Toms Trip Of America :: Comments

Pringers
Re: Toms Trip Of America
Post 2010-11-29, 22:32 by Pringers
Cool idea, will definitely be keeping a close eye on this. Good luck Tom Smile
Kwiebe
Post 2010-11-29, 22:48 by Kwiebe
I expect a season at Toronto FC! Great idea mate, may have to do one myself soon
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-11-29, 22:52 by I Vanquiish I
Kwiebe wrote:
I expect a season at Toronto FC! Great idea mate, may have to do one myself soon

Lol if there free and im free i will go there just for you
Kwiebe
Post 2010-11-29, 22:56 by Kwiebe
Do it mate! Otherwise you'll be missing out on playing some good ol' Canadian football (I promise it's not as bad as our FIFA rank of 85 makes it seem!)
Posh
Post 2010-11-30, 00:26 by Posh
Kwiebe wrote:
Do it mate! Otherwise you'll be missing out on playing some good ol' Canadian football (I promise it's not as bad as our FIFA rank of 85 makes it seem!)

Somebody mention Canadian Footie !!!

Canadian Database
Narl
Post 2010-11-30, 07:46 by Narl
This sounds like a great idea! Nice one Tommo Wink

I wish you success with New England, show them how it's done, eh ? Wink

Keep it up, and I'll be watching this thread to see you winning the league Very Happy
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-11-30, 12:34 by I Vanquiish I
Well Pre Season has now come and gone and here comes the update. We had a relativiley ok pre-season. It was mainly used to see who was dead wood and who played best where and i belive i have determined this. We started with a 1-1 Draw with the reserves. It seems bad but they did not score and our defender scored a own goal. Next we went away to Maryland where we beat them 2-1. A good solid game but conceded a great goal. We then again went away to play Boston Athletic where again we scored 2 goals and won 2-0. A dominant game where we only allowed them to have 1 shot which was off target. We then travelled to Crystal Palace Baltimore where we had a fairley evened match after our centre back was sent off. The game finally finished 1-1. Last game was against our affiliated club and it was richmond. The game finished 2-1 to them but was used to test out youth and reserves.

Toms Trip Of America Pre_se11

We where very low on staff and had 3 not including me and the assitant so appointing some become a priority. I managed to get a very good youth coach called Mike Lapper from Columbus and a Coach from Kansas called Zoran Savic. I also managed to get 2 coachs without a club but one was also coach at Sweden. We now have a good coaching staff good enough for the MLS campaign ahead.

Toms Trip Of America Staff_10

Our key man Taylor Twellman will be out for at least a season with a neck injury. Because of this i have had to recruit another striker. So due to Twellmans injury i signed Leo Aro on a free. He is only 26 and has very good stats and i am sure he will score loads of goals in the MLS. Due to only having one right back i went out and signed Alexis Danelon from Rosario Central. He is a very versitile play and can play down most of the right hand side and was a bargain at only 65K. last but not least we loaned Cristian Diaz from Newells. We only have to pay £150 on wages and a fee of 135K. He can play on both the right and left midfield and will be key in our campaign

[center]Toms Trip Of America Transf12

And finally here is a picture of my injured player Taylor Twellman
Toms Trip Of America Taylor10

[/center]
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-11-30, 14:38 by I Vanquiish I
Update Of Progress So Far

So we started off the season fine but all off a sudden our form dipped our key striker got injured and we could not pull a goal from anywhere.

Toms Trip Of America Result16

Toms Trip Of America Table_10
Pringers
Post 2010-11-30, 17:31 by Pringers
Awesome updates, Tom - shame about the league position though Wink. I'm sure you'll improve on that after seeing your amazing manager skills... Mad
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-11-30, 17:49 by I Vanquiish I
Pringers wrote:
Awesome updates, Tom - shame about the league position though Wink. I'm sure you'll improve on that after seeing your amazing manager skills... Mad

well im not going disagree with you there about my amazing manager skills
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-11-30, 20:27 by I Vanquiish I
Well its half way through the season now and you know what that means A UPDATE. Towards the end of the first hal of the season we managed to pick up a bit of form and get a few draws and even a few wins. Our main striker Leo returned only to get injured again.

Here are the Results
Toms Trip Of America Half_w10

We managed to get a few spaces clearer from relegation but it is still pretty tight.
Toms Trip Of America Half_w11

The North American Super Liga has been drawn and New England have been drawn with Chicago Fire, Pumas and Puebla. To stand a chance of going through they will need to atleast beat Chicago there fellow American team. They will face Chicago first followed by Puebla and finally Pumas
Jelly
Post 2010-11-30, 21:20 by Jelly
Not going too great there tbh pal but I'm sure itll all pick up soon enough Smile

KUTGW!
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-11-30, 21:44 by I Vanquiish I
Today New England Revolution has qualified for the Semi Finals of the North American Super Liga. They Managed to beat Chicago Fire 3-1, Puebla again 3-1 and last game lost 2-0 to Pumas but still qualified top of there group. They will now face Pachuca in the Semi Finals.

Toms Trip Of America North_10
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-01, 00:24 by I Vanquiish I
End Of Season Update Woop!

Well after being predicted 12th in the league we finished a okay and respectable 13th in the league. After a shaky start to the season things started to pick up and we got on a good run compared to the start of season.

The Results
Toms Trip Of America Result12

The Table
Toms Trip Of America End_of10

Toms Trip Of America Resign11

After a fustrating season for New England Manager Tom he has decided to step down as manager. It was a up and down season which left New England 13th. No one knows where he will be off to next. We will just have to wait and see.
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-01, 01:15 by I Vanquiish I
Redgrave Drops To Challange Divison

Ex New England Manager Redgrave has dropped down two divisions to join Challange Division team Boston Athletic. Boston finished 9th last season and will looking to to get promoted under new manager Tom Redgrave. They have a very good £3.3Million to spend :O and will be looking to get a new team with this and be able to challange for the top.
Posh
Post 2010-12-01, 16:14 by Posh
Lots of money to splash, Yippee !!!!!!
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-01, 16:40 by I Vanquiish I
Pre Season Update

We have had a great pre season and managed some great results in the friendlys. This including a loss to New York by only one goal, a 3-1 win over Crystal Palace Baltimore and a 3-1 win over Miami FC.

Toms Trip Of America Friend10

Transfer Wise we managed to get some great bargins. We decided to raid a relegated Kansas City side and signed there goalkeeper, striker and centre midfielder. We also announced Houston Dynamos as our parent club and they loaned us young striker and midfielder Michael Dombrowski. we also managed to get another two young strikers on free and another 3 players cheaper then there value. Many youth or deadwood was released as they where no longer needed.

Toms Trip Of America Transf13

Posh wrote:
Lots of money to splash, Yippee !!!!!!

Yeah Posh i was happy about this. I dont know where they got this kind of money from but im not complaining Very Happy
Narl
Post 2010-12-01, 16:44 by Narl
Nice work Tommo Very Happy

Good preparation for the competitive season to start, and some nice bargains in the transfer window too.

Could you do me a favour please and post a screen shot of your squad? I'd very much like to see it Smile
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-01, 16:45 by I Vanquiish I
Narl wrote:
Nice work Tommo Very Happy

Good preparation for the competitive season to start, and some nice bargains in the transfer window too.

Could you do me a favour please and post a screen shot of your squad? I'd very much like to see it Smile

What like tactic or just the list of players?
Narl
Post 2010-12-01, 16:45 by Narl
Well, both if you want Smile But in particular players Very Happy
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-01, 16:52 by I Vanquiish I
List Of Players

Toms Trip Of America List_o10

Tactics

Toms Trip Of America Tactic10

Note: Most of squad apart froms the players i brought in are regens
Narl
Post 2010-12-01, 16:56 by Narl
Your top player (by worth) looks cool! Davide Chiumiento, Swiss Very Happy

Nice squad mate! And I like your tactics as well, 4-4-2 direct for lower clubs is fantastic!

Keep it up and good luck with the league!
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-01, 16:58 by I Vanquiish I
Cheers Narl. That Centre Midfielder Auvray i brough in from Kansas has scored 2 long shots 2 games running including a goal against a top LA Galaxy side
Narl
Post 2010-12-01, 19:46 by Narl
That's class Tom Very Happy Good to hear that your bargain buys are reaping dividends!
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-01, 20:23 by I Vanquiish I
Thanks Narl Very Happy
Pringers
Post 2010-12-01, 20:35 by Pringers
Excellent stuff Tommo - loving this career so far. Keep it up!
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-01, 20:36 by I Vanquiish I
Thanks Pringers
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-01, 22:40 by I Vanquiish I
Well im 17 games in and here a UPDATE

We have been perfroming great in the league and managed to get 2nd position and 3 points of leaders Los Angeles (PDL). We have only lost 2 games and drew 2 games. We also had an amazing result against LA Galaxy in the first round of the cup which finished 5-0 to us.

Toms Trip Of America Result17

Toms Trip Of America Table_18
Pringers
Post 2010-12-01, 22:40 by Pringers
Wow, amazing work Tom - your doing really well, make that final push now and get the title!
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-01, 22:46 by I Vanquiish I
Cheers Pringers i have LA in 2 games time i think so im hoping for a win there then a bit of luck and them to lose again to gain top
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-02, 02:38 by I Vanquiish I
End Of Season Update

Well its the end of the season so its time to update. We went on a dip in form and could not find a win but the team pulled together and we got second in the league. The board had threatened about not re newing the contract and sacking me and when i finally did get the contract i decline due to the fact the board had annoyed me that much.

Toms Trip Of America Rest_o10

Toms Trip Of America Table_19

Redgrave will now again be looking for a club. Bookies are suggesting that he will not come to the USA again in a while and will look towards another country.
the deeb
Post 2010-12-02, 08:26 by the deeb
I'm going to read this later, Tom, but just wanted to add a "Well done", for what you've done so far.

Keep up with this, not many people have covered these leagues before so I'm interested to see how you do
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-02, 13:15 by I Vanquiish I
Thanks Deeb Very Happy
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-02, 13:28 by I Vanquiish I
Redgrave Jets Of To Haiti

Toms Trip Of America Don%20Bosco%20SC
It has been announced today Redgrave has joined Hatian team Don Bosco FC. They have finished 4th and 5th the past to seasons so they have a good team. There are 14 teams in the Ligue Haitienne meaning its a 26 game league. Top position qualifys for the North American Champions League. From seeing the league tables from the past two years it is a very inconsistant league as last years winners finished 9th the season before. Will Redgrave be able to break the top 3 in his first season. No on can be sure.

Toms Trip Of America Moz-screenshot-13
Narl
Post 2010-12-02, 17:07 by Narl
Really nice finish to end your season at Boston Athletic Tom Smile Credit to ya, 2nd place, not too bad Wink

I see you've signed for a Haitian team, well good luck with that mate, it'll be a tough one I'm sure Very Happy
Pringers
Post 2010-12-02, 19:48 by Pringers
Excellent stuff again Tom - should be an interesting trip in Haiti mate. Can't wait for the updates now!
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-02, 21:19 by I Vanquiish I
Cheers Pringers

Pre Season Update

Well we have had a long pre-season which is around 6 months in total. It was a long period as i did not want to over work the team. Following are the results of the pre season

Toms Trip Of America Pre_se12

We only brought in two players. We released a few as the squad was too big.

Toms Trip Of America Transf14
the deeb
Post 2010-12-02, 22:08 by the deeb
6 months pre-season?????

You seemed to be doing ok with Boston, and then the toys came out of the pram. Still, Haiti sounds interesting. Let's hope it doesn't end like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31pIlmVRQXM

Good stuff, though matey. We might have to start calling you Lee Westwood. Almost as many clubs as him!!
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-02, 22:40 by I Vanquiish I
Lol cheers Deeb. I was going to stay at Boston but even though i was maintaining a steady second place they said i was underperforming and they might not offer me a contract and it annoyed me so i left
the deeb
Post 2010-12-02, 23:11 by the deeb
love the way you waited till they offered the contract, and then you told 'em where to stick it. Class.
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-02, 23:13 by I Vanquiish I
I decided to see if they would offer me one. Then it got 2 days before mine run out and i thought u know what they can jog on and declined.
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-03, 01:05 by I Vanquiish I
Well We Reached Halfway Through The Season So Heres A UPDATE

Well it has not been a promising start for Redgraves Reign at Don Bosco.

Toms Trip Of America Half_w12

Toms Trip Of America Half_w10

On a plus note i reached my 100th game in football management
Toms Trip Of America 100_ga10
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-03, 03:04 by I Vanquiish I
End Of Season

Well i can say that was one of my worst season ever. In the end we managed to not get a win in 20 games and got relegated.

Toms Trip Of America End_of11

Toms Trip Of America End_of12

There was only one out come for this bad season and that was
Toms Trip Of America Sacked10

I cant really say i did not expect it. So here i go again looking for my 4th club in as many seasons.
Posh
Post 2010-12-03, 03:36 by Posh
Sacked !!!!

Who do they think they are?

Should we send the boys around to sort them?
Pringers
Post 2010-12-03, 08:03 by Pringers
:O Laughing I wasn't expecting to be reading this, unlucky though man, hopefully you'll get a job quickly and move on.
the deeb
Post 2010-12-03, 10:50 by the deeb
Sacked!!!

How very dare they!!!

I mean you only got relegated. What do they expect.

Still, I always thought Donny Basco was a good film

Posh is right, you need these guys to pay a visit

Toms Trip Of America Management

Just say the word, Tom. Just say the word
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-03, 14:42 by I Vanquiish I
Posh wrote:
Sacked !!!!

Who do they think they are?

Should we send the boys around to sort them?

Lol if you want Posh

Pringers wrote:
:O Laughing I wasn't expecting to be reading this, unlucky though man, hopefully you'll get a job quickly and move on.

Cheers Pringers

the deeb wrote:
Sacked!!!

How very dare they!!!

I mean you only got relegated. What do they expect.

Still, I always thought Donny Basco was a good film

Posh is right, you need these guys to pay a visit

Toms Trip Of America Management

Just say the word, Tom. Just say the word

Lol Deeb
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-03, 14:57 by I Vanquiish I
NOOOOOOOOO I think this maybe the end. Everytime i try to find a job or click continue it comes uo its not responding and freezes for a few mins and dont do anything
I Vanquiish I
Post 2010-12-03, 16:32 by I Vanquiish I
after many attempts of trying different things to get this to work i shall end it now and start another save and continent. Thanks for following Sad
Post  by Sponsored content

Toms Trip Of America

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next