PimpmyFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PimpmyFM

FMReporter for Football Manager Graphics

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Non League Adventure PART 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HatterAlex
HatterAlex

Career Goals : 24286

My Non League Adventure PART 2 Empty
PostMy Non League Adventure PART 2

Hi all, before I start, a quick few points. Firstly I was absolutly delighted by all the positive comments I recieved in response to part 1. It looks like I won't even get away with not producing another part ha ha! So I hope you all enjoy reading this as much as the first part. Part 3 is hopefully on its way!!! Cheers

I could not choose - should I be disrespectful or should I chance it and risk the fans thinking I was taking the mickey of their club. Well it seemed I choose the wrong option indeed when I saw the headline of my email the next morning...

In actual fact I guess I made a mistake. It should read 'Well it seemed I choose the wrong option indeed when I saw the headlines of my emails the next morning...'. Yes, that's right, 2 emails.

The first one read 'Haden plays down importance of Farsley job', and the later one was 'Farsley Celtic docked points'. What a joke. I was only 5 minutes into the job, and I was already being portrayed by the media, and had 10 points less than I began with. The reason - administration. Not only was I bottom of the league by 16 points, I was in debt and was expected to avoid relegation. Surely this was mission impossible?

And so it began. My first game was some Lincoln United at home in the third qualifying round of the F.A. cup. This was perfect for me; a chance to see my team against a team we should beat. And yes, we did win. A 75th minute goal from my right winger - which was celebrated by a cheer and then a massive sigh of relief was enough to see us through. I was on top of the world; even the media praised me. Maybe this task wouldn't be as hard as thought?

Well I was wrong again. I failed to win any of my next eight games, and didn't even score in 5 of them. My attendances were starting to drop, and I was dreading having to answer the same questions in the press conference after every match. Then finally, a breakthrough. Winning 4-1 in the 3rd Qualifying round of the F.A. trophy over Kendal, I went on a 5 match undefeated streak. A couple of last day free agent signings in January, and I was up for the challenge.

The final month of the season soon approached, I was still bottom, however now only 2 points from 23rd and 8 points from surviving!

A 3-2 defeat was followed by a 3-1 win, and then another tense 1-0 win in which I had 10 men for the last 30 minutes. Now with 2 games left, I only needed 2 points and I would stay up on goal difference if the other teams around me failed to win. Despite drawing level twice in the penultimate match, a 89th minute winner defeated me 3-2. It was now now or never. If I won my last match surely this would be the great escape? 16 points from the team above me when I took over, I was now 2 points away from keeping us up.

'Haden to meet the media', 'Haden confident of end of season win'. Come on! I never thought I'd honestly say this in my life but come on Farsley!

And so on 24th of April, away to Corby, who themselves were guaranted a play-off place, I was backed by 400 travelling fans - almost double the amount I got for my first home match. And yes, it was a match worth waiting for...

Part 3 to come soon...
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

My Non League Adventure PART 2 :: Comments

Narl
Re: My Non League Adventure PART 2
Post 2011-01-28, 22:40 by Narl
Very mixed season there mate, but well done on getting back up to 2 points behind the nearest position, really great work by you mate. Smile Maybe a few screenies of your wins/signings too in the next part Very Happy That would be great, but that's the only suggestion I have. Smile

Waiting in suspense for your end-of-the-season rush to save Farsley. We will soon find out, I hope Very Happy
FMGeek
Post 2011-01-28, 22:43 by FMGeek
that has caused tension i was getting my nails in to this keep it up mate
Pringers
Post 2011-01-28, 23:30 by Pringers
Great work once again mate, really excellent stuff. I can't wait to see how it ends now Smile
Post  by Sponsored content

My Non League Adventure PART 2

Page 1 of 1