PimpmyFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PimpmyFM

FMReporter for Football Manager Graphics

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

From Croatia with love...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Narl
First Team
First Team
Narl

Managing : Blackpool, CSKA Moscow, MV Croatia

Career Goals : 25961

From Croatia with love... Empty
PostFrom Croatia with love...

This winter... coming to a cinema near you...

Starring Narl King, manager of MV Croatia, 2nd Division team in Croatia.

Story Synopsis:

Narl King was just an ordinary 25 year old Sunday League footballer from Belfast, when his life was changed forever. Starting unemployed in the football managing world, he recieved 2 applications, 1 from Maritzburg United in South Africa, one from MV Croatia. Being the daring one, King decided to sign with MV Croatia. But he'll soon find out that life as a recently promoted relegation candidate in the 2nd division of Croatia isn't dreamland. We're not in Kansas anymore...

Preview :

From Croatia with love... Narl_k10
From Croatia with love... Narl_k11

This winter... let your adrenal glands burst with excitement.

Last edited by Narl on 2010-12-02, 21:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

From Croatia with love... :: Comments

Dan
Re: From Croatia with love...
Post 2010-12-02, 20:10 by Dan
Good luck with this, I'm expecting you to win the Champions League in no time Wink
Kwiebe
Post 2010-12-02, 20:13 by Kwiebe
Nice one Narl! I'll give you a friendly against my Man City squad Wink Laughing
Dan
Post 2010-12-02, 20:16 by Dan
I'll give you an annihilation with my Villa squad Smile
Pringers
Post 2010-12-02, 20:17 by Pringers
Nice one Narl - seems like an interesting start here. I can't wait for more updates Smile
Narl
Post 2010-12-03, 18:01 by Narl
As the summer ended, and autumn was arriving in Croatia... Narl King looked back on his first 7 games with MV Croatia with mixed emotions.

After signing a few of the amateur players in the team, the season kicked off with a 3-0 loss at home against fellow relegation candidates Mosor. Things did not look well.

From Croatia with love... Mv_cro16
From Croatia with love... Nk_mv_10

The next game was away at Jadran in the Croatian Cup. Narl King discovered that he is a cup wizard, yet again defying the odds to prevail in another cup with a different team. (Some of you may remember the Berdorf-Consdorf story) Wink
From Croatia with love... Jadran10

Goal Number One:

After that, a 2-0 loss away, a 2-2 draw at home, and a 3-2 loss (Unlucky to lose really) followed (which was rather disappointing) :
From Croatia with love... Solin_10
From Croatia with love... Mv_cro13

But straight after we bounced back with a 2-1 win at home in the league to HASK
From Croatia with love... Mv_cro15

...and then we were at home to Zagreb, the 1st division team that we were expected to lose to. I had all but no hope for this game, and thought we were going to be like lambs to the slaughter.

From Croatia with love... Mv_cro14

I was proven wrong and had severely underestimated my team's fighting spirit.

The winning goal:

As King looked ahead and saw the Eastern European winter approaching, he wondered, what next for MV Croatia?

Join him on his journey in Croatia, and stay active with your posts.

From Croatia... with love

Last edited by Narl on 2010-12-03, 18:05; edited 1 time in total
Berry
Post 2010-12-03, 18:03 by Berry
Doing great mate, this seems an interesting adventure in Croatia Smile

Glad you're enjoying, keep up the good work =]

Liking the videos, gives the updates a nice touch.
Pringers
Post 2010-12-03, 18:24 by Pringers
Wow Narl, that's an absolute amazing report there, keep up the great great work!
Jelly
Post 2010-12-03, 18:31 by Jelly
Really nice stuff here so far mate! GL with MV Croatia & KIU!

Last edited by Jelly on 2010-12-03, 18:37; edited 1 time in total
Narl
Post 2010-12-03, 18:36 by Narl
Jelly wrote:
Really nice stuff here so far mate! GL with NK Dinamo & KIU!

Hmm, when you say NK Dinamo, do you mean me playing against them Jelly? Very Happy

Cheers for the feedback mate Smile

And to everyone else, I am humbled by your comments, please keep them coming Very Happy

Last edited by Narl on 2010-12-04, 01:09; edited 1 time in total
the deeb
Post 2010-12-03, 19:41 by the deeb
Just caught up with this.

Loved the opening, some good touches in there. But then the updates and especially the youtube clips

That's sheer class.

Every so often a story comes along which makes me think

"hmm. Might need to up my game here"

This is one of them. Good stuff
Narl
Post 2010-12-06, 15:46 by Narl
The Croatian winter has arrived. A 2 month break to reflect over things so far for Narl King...

In the league, dismay:

From Croatia with love... Croati10

13th after 16 games, 14 games left, can MV Croatia survive the drop? Only time will tell.

But there's always a silver lining, as MV Croatia pulled off the unthinkable in the Croatian Cup and beat Dinamo, 4th in the division 1, 3-2 on aggregate to launch MV Croatia into a Semi-Final.

From Croatia with love... Croati11

The 1st leg, a massive 2-1 away win :
From Croatia with love... Dinamo10

Goal of the game:

The 2nd leg, a tough 1-1 home draw :
From Croatia with love... Mv_cro17

The goal that sent MV Croatia into the semi-finals :

A fantastic moment in the history of the club, but despite this, still disappointment with regards to the league posistion. Straight after the cup win, the team lost to fellow relegation candidates Mosor, 2-1:

From Croatia with love... Mosor_10

And what's even more worrying for Narl King, is the fact the team are now on a 6 game run without a win in the league, relegation form in the relegation zone.

From Croatia with love... Nk_mv_11

Can the team bounce back for the rest of the season? Can they win the Croatian Cup, which they have defeated several giants in? You will soon find out as From Croatia with Love reaches its climax.

Prepare yourself for drama.
Berry
Post 2010-12-06, 16:57 by Berry
I hope you do win the Croatian Cup mate, you're doing pretty well, your updates are always top notch, fun reading.

Good luck matey, all the best.
Dan
Post 2010-12-06, 17:01 by Dan
Of course you can win the cup! Smile Do you get into Europe if you do?

Great updates as always, will continue following it.
Narl
Post 2010-12-06, 17:02 by Narl
Dan wrote:
Of course you can win the cup! Smile Do you get into Europe if you do?

Great updates as always, will continue following it.

I'm not too sure Dan, I hope so Very Happy

I'll let you know soon as I find out! Razz

*Update*

It says on wikipedia that if you win you get automatic entry into the Europa League, so fingers crossed!! Very Happy
Dan
Post 2010-12-06, 19:29 by Dan
European Football will be great for your club, I hope you do make it Smile
Posh
Post 2010-12-07, 02:50 by Posh
Hope to see you in Europe Smile
Narl
Post 2010-12-09, 00:40 by Narl
From Croatia With Love has reached it's climatic end...

Will Narl King pull off the impossible and save MV Croatia from relegation and not only that, but also win qualification into the Euro Cup via winning the Croatian Cup?

Prepare your arteries for overload, you're about to find out.

The story was left off with MV Croatia in the relegation zone, 16th.
From Croatia with love... Croati12

Our fixtures for the rest of the season looked like this:
From Croatia with love... Nk_mv_12

The draw for the Croatian cup semi-final got us Pomorac, a fellow 2nd division team. I had a feeling we would win the semis and get to the final.

From Croatia with love... Mv_cro18

And I was not to be disappointed, as we beat Pomorac 3-2 on aggregate.

In between league games and the cup run, MV Croatia got new owners in the form of an Amsterdam businessman, who after watching a few of my performances as manager, decided to keep me on.

From Croatia with love... Narl_k12

Aside from this, games in the league were coming thick and fast, with mixed results throughout. You can see all the results below:

From Croatia with love... Nk_mv_13

Some goals from the league games:

This league run had resulted in MV Croatia being saved from relegation, a wonderful achievement for the recently promoted side. The league table before the Croatian cup final looked like this:

From Croatia with love... Croati13

And now... for the big moment. The Croatian Cup Final. To be played over 2 legs, 1 away and 1 at home.

The away game was up first. A difficult, hard-fought draw, 1-1, with new striker Suarez playing his 2nd game for the club. Our key man.

From Croatia with love... Osijek10

Billic's goal:

The return leg was at home. Did MV Croatia stand any chance?
From Croatia with love... Mv_cro19

I hoped that our opponents would leave gaps at the back trying to outsmart us in attack seeing they were a division 1 side. My hopes proved to be correct, as we hit them on the counter-attack time and again, winning 3-1, with a sensational 18 yard strike by Cubel in the 90th minute sealing the victory.

From Croatia with love... Mv_cro20

Cubel's goal:

The team had won qualification to the Euro Cup. An unbelievable achievement that will go down in the club's history as the biggest ever thing to happen to MV Croatia. Will there be more success for next season?

*Final Table of the Season*

From Croatia with love... Croati14

*Final Results*

From Croatia with love... Nk_mv_15

*Final Season Tidbits*

From Croatia with love... Narl_k15

From Croatia with love... Croati15

From Croatia with love... Nk_mv_14

From Croatia with love... Croati16

From Croatia with love... Narl_k16
You'll soon find out, as From Croatia with Love returns with more drama, more stories and more excitement.

Stay tuned for, From Croatia with Love, Pt II.

Taster for next season:

From Croatia with love... Narl_k13
From Croatia with love... Narl_k14
From Croatia with love... Marko_10

Posh
Post 2010-12-09, 02:43 by Posh
Excellent stuff mate, don't believe the board, you must be a contender for top of the league this new season !!!
Pringers
Post 2010-12-09, 09:28 by Pringers
Wow! This is pure class Narl, really well written, the additions make it just that much better, and an excellent ending to an incredible season - Congratulations on the cup win, and hopefully you can have a steady season in the top division.
Narl
Post 2010-12-09, 11:13 by Narl
Posh wrote:
Excellent stuff mate, don't believe the board, you must be a contender for top of the league this new season !!!

I agree with you Posh Razz, I was actually told initially that the board want me to attempt to avoid relegation again from the 2nd division... a complete farce. The amount of money I would have got from saying I could win the league was barely worth the bother, so hopefully I can exceed my own expectation of a mid-table finish, with some Euro Cup success to boot.

I've already signed 5 new players I think, so the transfers are bombing in at the moment! Razz

Cheers for the post Posh, and you too Pringers Smile I hope you guys continue to follow the story with interest, I enjoy it when you enjoy it Very Happy
Narl
Post 2010-12-10, 23:54 by Narl
And so, the new season has begun.

During the off-season, King offloaded 2 players and brought in 9 new ones, of high calibre for MV Croatia to have a chance at competing on 4 fronts, the Euro Cup, the league, the Croatian Cup and finally the super cup.

From Croatia with love... Nk_mv_16

The season started off with the Super Cup game against Dinamo away. Although I didn't even know there was a Croatian Super Cup, I decided that more silverware couldn't do any harm, and started many of the new players brought in, a stronger squad than last season, when we managed to beat Dinamo in the Croatian Cup. The players didn't disappoint the fans as we beat Dinamo 1-0 in 90 minutes of drama and excitement.

From Croatia with love... Dinamo11

Straight after this, we drew AC Horsens in the EURO Cup, a Danish team of whom I had not heard of before. In the home fixture we drew 0-0, rather disappointing as we had many opportunities on goal. Next up, an away fixture, 800 miles to travel, were the players up to the challenge?

From Croatia with love... Ac_hor10

Indeed, they were, as they fought valiantly to get a 1-1 draw, putting MV Croatia through to the 4th Qualifying round of the Euro Cup. Confidence was high in the MV Croatia ranks.

However, confidence turned to dismay with Narl King, as the draw for the 4th Qualifying round got MV Croatia a 2 legged tie vs Rapid Bucharest, a much stronger team than ours, who had even got into the Champions League in previous seasons. I didn't expect much to come from the tie, apart from the hard-earned cash bonus for playing and we were beat 3-0 on aggregate.

From Croatia with love... Narl_k17

And so, after this beneficial run in the EURO's for the team's finances, the 2nd Division in Croatia started with an away game to recently relegated Hr. Dragovoljac. (hard to spell, I may add Wink ). We managed to beat them 1-0, a feisty win that set us off on the right foot!

From Croatia with love... Hr_dra10

After this was the 2nd leg against Rapid Bucharest, but shortly after we returned to Croatia for a home game against Pomorac, a team I had grown to hate since they beat us twice last season. Plus their name's weird. Enough said. Anyway, I was hoping for success against them, as I had made them my own private rivals, and the players didn't disappoint as we won 3-2, with the winning goal by Stanic after Pomorac had come from behind to make it 2-2.

From Croatia with love... Mv_cro21

Stanic's winning goal:

As MV Croatia greet September with optimistic thoughts, I hope to bring you monthly, if not quarterly reports on affairs at MV Croatia.

From Croatia, once again, with love Wink
Dan
Post 2010-12-10, 23:56 by Dan
Sounds like it's going great for you there Smile Awesome financial boost from the EURO's too, keep it up!
Pringers
Post 2010-12-11, 09:48 by Pringers
Awesome work once again Narl - this is really interesting Smile - can't wait for the updates Very Happy
Berry
Post 2010-12-11, 10:30 by Berry
Doing great mate, you're making MV into quite a force to be feared Smile

Keep up the good work Smile
FMGeek
Post 2010-12-11, 19:14 by FMGeek
great turn around at the beginning there
Narl
Post 2010-12-11, 21:30 by Narl
Cheers for the comments once again guys, I appreciate it Smile

Next update should be coming... within the week, I'm at work tomorrow from 10-5 and then got a ton of coursework to finish for Monday, so opportunities to play FM are rather limited Sad

Keep watching this thread though Wink
Kwiebe
Post 2010-12-14, 05:39 by Kwiebe
You're on fire Narles! I can't wait to see more updates on this one, I can tell great things are still to come! cheers
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1