PimpmyFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PimpmyFM

FMReporter for Football Manager Graphics

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dan's Youth Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dan
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Dan

Managing : The Claret and Blues

Career Goals : 25208

Dan's Youth Challenge _
PostSubject: Dan's Youth Challenge   Dan's Youth Challenge Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 11:20

This isn't really a challenge I'm pitching for everyone to try, but you can all follow me if you want to or try it yourself.

The main aims for this challenge are to utilise youth and be financially prudent. Since I'm not going to be producing Wonderkids every season, at least not to begin with, I am allowing myself to buy some youngsters. So, the rules I'm setting for myself are:
-You cannot buy players aged 21 or above
-You cannot spend more than £5m on any player
-Use your youth that you get through the academy
I'm going to start this with Villa since they have good current youth prospects and decent facilities. I shall be keeping track of their progress in this thread and update you on the overall game.

The three youth players that will be getting some game time from the start of the game are:

Dan's Youth Challenge Xfqio1

Dan's Youth Challenge W8p0s1

Dan's Youth Challenge 1547zfc

There are also some fringe players, such as Andy Weimann (ST) and Barry Bannan (MC) that will play a few games. Finally, there is Fabian Delph, who is a good prospect for MC but begins the game with a 9 month injury.
Back to top Go down
I Vanquiish I
First Team
First Team
I Vanquiish I

Managing : To Restrain Myself From Groping Mathew Leckie

Career Goals : 25631

Dan's Youth Challenge _
PostSubject: Re: Dan's Youth Challenge   Dan's Youth Challenge Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 11:39

A nice idea here dan. Might do this on my next save. Will have a think of a good team to be.
Back to top Go down
FMGeek
Injured
Injured
FMGeek

Managing : crewe

Career Goals : 25419

Dan's Youth Challenge _
PostSubject: Re: Dan's Youth Challenge   Dan's Youth Challenge Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 11:48

Arsenal is a good one with lots of youth i might try that after ive completed Q.P.R
Back to top Go down
Dan
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Dan

Dan's Youth Challenge _
PostSubject: Re: Dan's Youth Challenge   Dan's Youth Challenge Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 11:53

I think I've done a very sweet bit of business, I looked around a little for some regens and found Philippe Fiechi, an AML, aged 14. He was valued at £2.5m so I was worried that FC Lorient would ask for quite a lot for him, but I bagged him for £1.5m. Do you want to see him? Wink

These are his stats. And this is his report.
Back to top Go down
I Vanquiish I
First Team
First Team
I Vanquiish I

Dan's Youth Challenge _
PostSubject: Re: Dan's Youth Challenge   Dan's Youth Challenge Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 12:02

A very nice player here Dan. Good Dribbling And Fitness. Maybe you should play him is under 18s and reserves instead of just reserves so he can get as much play time as possible to make him great.

Yeah Arsenal would be good but i think for this to be a good challange you should start at not a top team but still good and with good but not the best youth facilitys like Villa
Back to top Go down
Dan
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Dan

Dan's Youth Challenge _
PostSubject: Re: Dan's Youth Challenge   Dan's Youth Challenge Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 12:07

Cheers Tom, was about to put him in the U18s and make him available for the reserves but just wanted to get some screenshots up first Smile

He'll play a few cup games this season definitely.
Back to top Go down
Pringers
Top Poster
Top Poster
Pringers

Managing : Arsenal

Career Goals : 28196

Dan's Youth Challenge _
PostSubject: Re: Dan's Youth Challenge   Dan's Youth Challenge Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 12:11

Good stuff Dan, great start and a brilliant idea, I may give this a go now as I've deemed my Porto game as 'complete'.
Back to top Go down
Jelly
Vice President
Vice President
Jelly

Managing : to do the YMCA whilst under the influence of alcohol

Career Goals : 28077

Dan's Youth Challenge _
PostSubject: Re: Dan's Youth Challenge   Dan's Youth Challenge Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 12:27

Good challenge Dan, I usually do this on my new games but may focus entirely on it in a tough league. Maybe somewhere like Slavia Prague, could be fun!

KIU!
Back to top Go down
I Vanquiish I
First Team
First Team
I Vanquiish I

Dan's Youth Challenge _
PostSubject: Re: Dan's Youth Challenge   Dan's Youth Challenge Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 12:53

I will be doing this But as Birmingham. This is becuase i have been given 15mil to spend to get some good youth but i dont have the best facilities atm.

I have a few good youth prospects but i feel atm none are good enough for first team so they will stay in Under 18's. I will be using the same rules as dan.
Back to top Go down
I Vanquiish I
First Team
First Team
I Vanquiish I

Dan's Youth Challenge _
PostSubject: Re: Dan's Youth Challenge   Dan's Youth Challenge Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 16:34

I have almost done a total reform of this Birmingham side. I now have no players over the age of 30 and brought in a lot of youth.

Transfers
Dan's Youth Challenge Transf16
I have Players Reports on all players so if you want one just say. Its just that i Cba to post them all.

Friendlys
Dan's Youth Challenge Pre_se14
The assistant took charge of the business on field while i took care of it off field in pre season
Back to top Go down
Pringers
Top Poster
Top Poster
Pringers

Managing : Arsenal

Career Goals : 28196

Dan's Youth Challenge _
PostSubject: Re: Dan's Youth Challenge   Dan's Youth Challenge Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 16:48

Looking good so far Tommo - see the Bluebirds beat you Wink get in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
I Vanquiish I
First Team
First Team
I Vanquiish I

Dan's Youth Challenge _
PostSubject: Re: Dan's Youth Challenge   Dan's Youth Challenge Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 16:50

well i did not take charge so blame the assistant
Back to top Go down
Narl
First Team
First Team
Narl

Managing : Blackpool, CSKA Moscow, MV Croatia

Career Goals : 25961

Dan's Youth Challenge _
PostSubject: Re: Dan's Youth Challenge   Dan's Youth Challenge Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 23:34

Hmm, this is a good thread Dan Smile

Looking forward to see if you can really "win with just kids" Wink

Haha, complete overhaul at Brummie Tommo Smile

Keep us posted with your league success Wink (Both of you Wink )
Back to top Go down
Dan
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Dan

Dan's Youth Challenge _
PostSubject: Re: Dan's Youth Challenge   Dan's Youth Challenge Icon_minitime2010-12-31, 01:41

Well the regen I found did well in his first game, I played him against Bolton and he scored from the AML position and got a good 7.7 rating Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dan's Youth Challenge _
PostSubject: Re: Dan's Youth Challenge   Dan's Youth Challenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dan's Youth Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PimpmyFM :: Challenges for FM11-
Designed by Vic Posher
Copyright © 2013 FMReporter.com All rights reserved.Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com