PimpmyFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PimpmyFM

FMReporter for Football Manager Graphics

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Henry Strikes Back

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dan
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Dan

Managing : The Claret and Blues

Career Goals : 25063

Henry Strikes Back _
PostSubject: Henry Strikes Back   Henry Strikes Back Icon_minitime2012-01-09, 23:29

Henry Strikes Back Article-2084409-0F64E86000000578-847_634x410

If you follow football even in the slightest you'll know that club legend Theirry Henry has rejoined the Gunners, better known as their actual name Arsenal, on a 2 month loan from New York Red Bulls. Since it is the off season in America, who run their season from March-November if I remember rightly, Henry has been granted clearance from the MLS to come over to England. Henry is also joined by MLS star Landon Donovan who joined Everton from LA Galaxy on loan (which he also did in 2010).

To Arsenal fans delight it was announced that Henry had joined the club in time to be available for their FA Cup 3rd Round match against Championship side Leeds United, with many supporters suggesting that he would start the fixture. However, Wenger started the fixture with striker Marouane Chamakh as a sole striker, who would leave for the African Cup of Nations to represent Morocco after the match.

The game started very well in Arsenal's favour, who looked the better side for almost the entire game - Leeds barely causing any problems amidst their injury problems and arguably less talented side. Young winger Alex Chamberlain looking very impressive for the London side and loanee Andros Townsend doing what he could totry to create chances for Leeds.

It took until the 70th minute for the Frenchman to take to the field, replacing Chamakh and receiving applause from all around the Emirates, Theirry Henry emerged onto the pitch with a tear in his eye. Clearly not the athlete he was in his prime, Henry used his head rather than his body in most circumstances to play passes, get into good positions and help his team. This was something that made him much more of a threat
than Chamakh did - experience.

I don't think Henry could've made his comeback to Arsenal any better than with a goal, and he did, the winning goal of course. Alex Song sliced open the Leeds defence with a beautiful pass to Henry who cushioned the ball before knocking it past Leeds goalkeeper Lonergan who was helpless to stop it - cue pandemonium from the crowd. Henry ran over to Arsene Wenger and celebrated with the veteran who had been with
him for many years in his career.

Henry was named man of the match and it was certainly a day to remember for any Arsenal fan -and even from a neutral point of view, it definitely touched me.

If you're interested in more of this, I will be posting regularly on my blog, although it won't always be football related, so feel free to subscribe to me there. Most football related content will be posted on here anyway.

Last edited by Dan on 2012-01-09, 23:34; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
stevethomson85
Exclusive
Exclusive
stevethomson85

Managing : to keep myself sane

Career Goals : 24665

Henry Strikes Back _
PostSubject: Re: Henry Strikes Back   Henry Strikes Back Icon_minitime2012-01-09, 23:32

good stuff dan. look forward to more. damn cant believe i missed the goal having to go to the toilet!! Shake Computer
Back to top Go down

Henry Strikes Back

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PimpmyFM :: English Football-
Designed by Vic Posher
Copyright © 2013 FMReporter.com All rights reserved.Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com