PimpmyFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PimpmyFM

FMReporter for Football Manager Graphics

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Berdorf-Consdorf: A Luxembourg Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Narl
First Team
First Team
Narl

Managing : Blackpool, CSKA Moscow, MV Croatia

Career Goals : 25811

Berdorf-Consdorf: A Luxembourg Story Empty
PostBerdorf-Consdorf: A Luxembourg Story

Manager Narl King has taken on the challenge of a lifetime.

From being unemployed to being hired for 2nd division Bersdorf-Condorf, he hopes to take them to the height of Luxembourg football, eventually getting into the Champions League through division winners and in the meantime, hunting for bargains, improving the club's finances, and making strides for the reputation of football in Luxembourg.

When King arrived, the squad status of Bersdorf-Condorf or (B-C) was abysmal; Only 2 first team players were signed for the club, the rest being un-contracted free agents.

King set about bringing in experienced older players, and the squad is now rife with talent, mostly coming from 30-40 year olds, but these players still have a few years in them, and the intent was to get a squad to play with. 17 transfers have been made, with maybe a couple more in the balance, but blending the squad is now King's main aim in the friendlies before the season starts proper.

Transfers in and out:
Berdorf-Consdorf: A Luxembourg Story Transf10

Well, my game froze, so I'm back to just 1 friendly played, but anyway...

King hopes to start his debut in managerial football with a bang, and as his journey progresses I will update you on the state of affairs at Berdorf-Consdorf.

Last edited by Narl on 2010-11-26, 14:10; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Berdorf-Consdorf: A Luxembourg Story :: Comments

I Vanquiish I
Re: Berdorf-Consdorf: A Luxembourg Story
Post 2010-11-25, 21:42 by I Vanquiish I
Great Start Narl Keep It Up
Pringers
Post 2010-11-25, 21:42 by Pringers
Excellent start Narl - I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.
Niko
Post 2010-11-25, 21:43 by Niko
Great start Narl Smile cant wait to see how this one goes
Narl
Post 2010-11-26, 14:08 by Narl
Well, the season is finally about to kick-off with Bersdorf-Condorf winning half of their pre-season friendlies. King is pleased with a 50% winning rate as all the games were played against stronger opposition. He hopes that the pre-season blending of the team, and the performances combined will be a strong stepping stone for the team's first league game against Mondercange away.

Berdorf-Consdorf: A Luxembourg Story Union_10

A highlight from the final game was a fantastic goal by Kamouni, running from inside his own half to score:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czWeAyItr3g
Narl
Post 2010-11-26, 15:19 by Narl
After 3 competitive games so far this season, King and the club as a whole are already over the moon! A disappointing 2-1 loss away from home started off the season, but King knew this was only a blip in the team's progression.

2 successive 3-0 wins followed the loss, one at home to Wiltz in the league, and another, an impressive performance against FC Jeunesse Canach away from home in the Coup de Luxembourg. This result was particularly satisfying as FCJC are in the top division in Luxembourg, a massive gap in class compared to 2nd division Bersdorf-Condorf. A truly great day for the club as we progress to the 2nd round to face Rumelange away, another top division opposition clash.

The result:
Berdorf-Consdorf: A Luxembourg Story Fc_jeu10

The fixtures (so far):
Berdorf-Consdorf: A Luxembourg Story Union_12

King is now looking ahead to a run of league matches before the 2nd round, and hopes to bring you good news in further updates.
Niko
Post 2010-11-26, 15:56 by Niko
Good Job narl, it will be good to see how to progress over the season Smile
Pringers
Post 2010-11-26, 17:54 by Pringers
Good progress Narly mate - can't wait to see what else the season has in store for you.
Narl
Post 2010-11-27, 02:25 by Narl
The preparation for the 2nd round was going well, with 5 games unbeaten, 2 wins and 3 draws. But the team suffered a setback the match before the 2nd round, a 5-2 loss at home to Avenir Beggen. Hopefully the team can turn it around for the cup.

Berdorf-Consdorf: A Luxembourg Story Union_13

And turn it around they certainly did, a massive 3-1 victory away from home to send Bersdorf-Condorf into the quarter finals:

Berdorf-Consdorf: A Luxembourg Story Rumela10
Posh
Post 2010-11-27, 03:03 by Posh
Nice win there to get into the quarters Smile
Narl
Post 2010-11-27, 03:28 by Narl
Ugh, this is really annoying Sad

I've won my next game away 3-0 in the league, but soon as I get to 1st November 2010 and try to "continue"... the game crash dumps, won't do anything else, any ideas anyone?

*Edit*

It fails even when I go on holiday :'(

Berdorf-Consdorf: A Luxembourg Story Error_10
Pringers
Post 2010-11-27, 11:47 by Pringers
Aww man - that's so gutting. You were going so well as well :/
Jelly
Post 2010-11-27, 17:56 by Jelly
Unlucky mate, it may still be saveable though, have you applied the new hotfix to FM?
Narl
Post 2010-11-27, 21:23 by Narl
Jelly wrote:
Unlucky mate, it may still be saveable though, have you applied the new hotfix to FM?

Yeah I have, but emm luckily I had a back-up save, just after the 1st round of the cup Razz
Narl
Post 2010-12-02, 17:16 by Narl
Well, it's time to kick-start this adventure back into life.

King is delighted to report to you that the challenge has now started again at Berdorf-Consdorf.

This is where we are at the moment :

Berdorf-Consdorf: A Luxembourg Story Union_14

I'll update you when we've played the 2nd round of the cup and HOPEFULLY, Berdorf-Consdorf can do a repeat of their previous results in this save.
Narl
Post 2010-12-02, 19:22 by Narl
Well, the dream's over lads. Won every game apart from drawing against Avenir at home. Right before the cup match, it will not let me pass. Crash dump every time. I'm sorry to bring you this news, and I may have a little tear shed later for this game gone bad.

I will be deciding shortly whether to make a new game, a new unemployment challenge and a new start Razz
Pringers
Post 2010-12-02, 19:47 by Pringers
Sad that's devastating news Narl! I think you should make a new game as them, and try and get passed it, don't let it beat you Smile
Narl
Post 2010-12-02, 19:57 by Narl
Pringers wrote:
Sad that's devastating news Narl! I think you should make a new game as them, and try and get passed it, don't let it beat you Smile

Hmm, you've convinced me Smile

I've made an unemployment challenge, which I will make a new storybook about, and will post in this thread when I have made a new game as Berdorf-Consdorf. Very Happy
Pringers
Post 2010-12-02, 20:17 by Pringers
Good Very Happy, glad to hear it!

Berdorf-Consdorf: A Luxembourg Story

Page 1 of 1