PimpmyFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PimpmyFM

FMReporter for Football Manager Graphics

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Getting backgrounds to work in FM14

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Posh
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posh

Managing : Ulisses FC

Career Goals : 33190

backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 _
PostSubject: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-04, 18:44

Ok lads, while we are waiting for a fix from SI on the backgrounds, this is a way around getting them to work.

Download this file http://www.mediafire.com/download/3airkqf0sj0szf2/settings.fmf

Do not unzip this file, just

Put the settings.fmf file in

Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2014\data and replace the file that is in there, thats it.

Your backgrounds will now work in the game.
Back to top Go down
sjhshaggy
sjhshaggy

Managing : manchester city fc [ctid]

Career Goals : 21395

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-04, 20:01

what is the file called in the data file to be replace?.
Back to top Go down
Posh
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posh

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-04, 20:35

sjhshaggy wrote:
what is the file called in the data file to be replace?.
Put the settings.fmf file in

Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2014\data and replace the file that is in there

The emphasis here is the settings.fmf file lol!
Back to top Go down
sjhshaggy
sjhshaggy

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-04, 22:17

think iv got that!!.cheers.oh i notice you cant extract the file like say the faces and logos so how do you get the transfer the bg fix to the fmf settings file.Sad
Back to top Go down
Posh
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posh

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-04, 22:21

sjhshaggy wrote:
think iv got that!!.cheers.oh i notice you cant extract the file like say the faces and logos so how do you get the transfer the bg fix to the fmf settings file.Sad
You download it, dont open it just put the downloaded file called settings.fmf in the proper place.
Back to top Go down
sjhshaggy
sjhshaggy

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-05, 22:19

cheers:D
Back to top Go down
Sheffield Hammer
Sheffield Hammer

Career Goals : 19025

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-13, 19:38

sjhshaggy wrote:
I cant get it to download. It says the file is either unknown format or the file is damaged! Anyone help?
Back to top Go down
Posh
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posh

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-13, 19:42

Sheffield Hammer wrote:
sjhshaggy wrote:
I cant get it to download. It says the file is either unknown format or the file is damaged! Anyone help?
 Dont open it just put the downloaded file called settings.fmf in the proper place
Back to top Go down
Sheffield Hammer
Sheffield Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-13, 19:48

Posh wrote:
Sheffield Hammer wrote:
sjhshaggy wrote:
 Dont open it just put the downloaded file called settings.fmf in the proper place
i'm not. I am just downloading it with WinRAR and when its complete, that's when it comes up! I don't get chance to see it and put it in. I don't see the settings.fmf file at any point
Back to top Go down
Posh
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posh

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-13, 19:51

Sheffield Hammer wrote:
Posh wrote:
Sheffield Hammer wrote:
sjhshaggy wrote:
i'm not. I am just downloading it with WinRAR and when its complete, that's when it comes up! I don't get chance to see it and put it in. I don't see the settings.fmf file at any point
Exactly the problem, dont download it with winrar. Just save the file to your desktop and then you can put it in the right place.
Back to top Go down
Sheffield Hammer
Sheffield Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-13, 20:08

Posh wrote:
Sheffield Hammer wrote:
Posh wrote:
Sheffield Hammer wrote:
sjhshaggy wrote:
Exactly the problem, dont download it with winrar. Just save the file to your desktop and then you can put it in the right place.
ok mate will try that!
Back to top Go down
Sheffield Hammer
Sheffield Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-13, 23:27

Sheffield Hammer wrote:
Posh wrote:
Sheffield Hammer wrote:
Posh wrote:
Sheffield Hammer wrote:
ok mate will try that!
Fantastic! All done. Many thanks!
Back to top Go down
deyno
deyno

Career Goals : 18905

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-21, 15:26

I've downloaded the setting.fmf file, unzipped and placed in : (i'm on a mac)

backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 1_zps84dc53ba

Replacing the exsisting .fmf file

I have my own backgrounds that I have placed in :

backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 2_zps8e19123d

I then reloaded the skin but backgrounds were still not showing.

I have also tried placing the backgrounds here :

backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 3_zpsc198194a

Again, reloading the skins in preferences but the backgrounds still aren't showing.
Back to top Go down
Posh
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posh

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-21, 15:33

You are a bit off on your folders mate. Put them in here like this

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics\backgrounds
Back to top Go down
deyno
deyno

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-21, 15:45

Posh wrote:
You are a bit off on your folders mate. Put them in here like this

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics\backgrounds
Hmmmm, placed in there now mate (had to make the graphics/backgrounds folder(s)), reloaded skin and still nothing. There's nothing I have to tick in the ingame settings is there? I remember last here you had to tick "show backgrounds" or something like but this year can't find anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Posh
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posh

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-21, 15:50

Did you make a config file for your backgrounds? Are they the large backgrounds or the "small" ones that show in the skin ?

There is no tick for backgrounds in the menu, they deleted that by mistake Sad
Back to top Go down
deyno
deyno

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime2013-11-21, 15:58

Posh wrote:
Did you make a config file for your backgrounds? Are they the large backgrounds or the "small" ones that show in the skin ?

There is no tick for backgrounds in the menu, they deleted that by mistake Sad
backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 1_zpsf69168af

Here is backgrounds. I have sorted them out into countries, then leagues, each folder has it's own config.

I also have the "small" background megapack and they are showing on the squad profile screen, just the large backgrounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting backgrounds to work in FM14   backgrounds - Getting backgrounds to work in FM14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting backgrounds to work in FM14

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PimpmyFM :: Football Manager :: FM14, FM13 & FM12 Archives-
Designed by Vic Posher
Copyright © 2013 FMReporter.com All rights reserved.How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com